Saturday, August 5, 2017

Sharpening Woodworking Tools: How to Achieve the Sharpest Cutting Edges with Traditional Techniques by Rudolf Dick

"I received a free sample in exchange for writing a review on my blog"

The book, Sharpening Woodworking Tools by Rudolf Dick is quite helpful for those interested in getting a nice edge every time! I've been working with wood lately and found this book to be extremely helpful for me to achieve a perfectly sharp edge each time I use it. I always felt that when I tried to sharpen a tool it never ends up perfect, but that is because I have no idea exactly how to do it correctly! I might seem knowledgeable to use those sharpeners, but still, it baffles me how to perfectly get a sharp edge throughout the blade without just cause damage or never even getting it back to a sharp point.

That is why I was so happy to have seen this book! It was something I've never really thought to be important until I began building and working with plenty of DIY projects at home. I want to make sure my tools are ready to be used over and over, without ending up buying new ones because I can't get a perfect cut through each piece of wood. This book has so much information and nice images to help me do just that! I'm very impressed with the tools mentioned, there are plenty and the guidance is indeed useful! 

I think that for a book on wood sharpening, it's something any wood worker, hobbyist or just anyone interested in DIY projects that deal with wood cutting tools should own! It's so clear and to the point when it comes to sharpening each tool. It's perfect for everyone, beginner and those how to know how to build but don't know how to sharpen tools. I really think for my future projects, I'll be ready to prep my tools and not expect to have someone do it for me, so I'll know they'll be correct! Since I have this guide, my wood cutting tools will always be sharp and perfect!

Information About The Author:
A mechanical engineer born in 1956, Rudolf Dick studied at the TU Munich, Germany, and received his doctorate in the special area of transformation techniques. As a longtime CEO of Dick GmbH Feine Werkzeuge he has always had great interest in the creative interaction of tools, humans, and materials. The foundation for this was already laid during childhood in the workshop of his father, who had a small business for producing things needed for musical instruments. During practical training at the toolshop of the shipyard at Deggendorf, Germany, his enthusiasm was finally ignited while forging and sharpening under the guidance of a master “from old stock.”

Book Information:

  • Hardcover: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Schiffer; 1 edition (July 28, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764353497
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764353499
  • Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.9 x 10.2 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Schifferbooks - Sharpening Woodworking Tools
and




Learn how to save on HP Ink and get a free month 


Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers