Friday, July 21, 2017

The Hand-Stitched Surface: Slow stitching and mixed-media techniques for fabric and paper by Lynn Krawczyk

"I have been given a sample to test and to share my opinion"

Oh my, this is one awesome book! You can create some exciting and creative gifts and decor for the house or a friend's home! I love that in this book, The Hand-Stitched Surface by Lynn Krawczyk you aren't working on fabric but even paper material! Something that isn't always seen and yet this book has some wonderful ideas to make a beautiful decoration with the use of many different materials. I just enjoy trying and taking a look at the different creative projects inside. Plus, with all the easy to follow visuals and tools you need, anyone can begin stitching on surfaces!

This book actually reminds me of those online courses. It has actual images of the tools in the beginning, how to do certain stitches and with each project that you can find the page in the table of contents, there is also visuals of the image and simple steps to follow. You will learn about different types of stitches used in everyday sewing, but also for creating some wonderfully detailed designs on fabrics and other material. The decorative ideas inside always remind me of something new and different than buying from a retail store. Of course, learning a few of these new sewing techniques can help add to your own creative ideas. I could even use these steps and taught lessons of stitch work to add my own personalized design to the fabrics I sew. 

Now, for the information and book itself, I don't think this is very easy for anyone to try and understand. For me, it just looks like fun and seems very simple and fun to stitch creative designs that are seen inside! Plus, this s actually so much fun because it's relaxing and can be done anywhere. I just really enjoy the idea of making great gifts from these projects, especially the stitched cards and something I can be used in my own home or give to another is coasters! 

Finally, this book is just creative, unique and not the same as many on the market! It really is for someone like me who loves trying new and different things! So with this wonderful book, I'm always in search of trying something new and now I have plenty of stitching projects I can get my hands on too!

Information About The Author:
Lynn Krawczyk is a mixed-media surface design artist who focuses on pattern and color. Her work features painting, drawing, and hand stitching on both fabric and paper. Lynn has written nearly 50 magazine articles for such publications as Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors, Uppercase, Fiber Art Now, and Sew Somerset, andis the author of Intentional Printing: Simple Techniques for Inspired Fabric Art (Interweave, 2014). She also has a collection of floss with thread manufacturer Aurifil, Inked by Lynn Krawczyk, as well as three instructional DVD workshops with Quilting Arts/FandW Media: Print, Design, Compose; Color Theory Made Easy; and Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials. Lynn teaches surface design workshops at various venues throughout the U.S. See more of work her on her website, smudgeddesignstudio.com

Book Information:
  • Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: Creative Publishing int'l (May 1, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1589239423
  • ISBN-13: 978-1589239425
  • Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.5 x 10.1 inches
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Quartoknows - The Hand-Stitched Surface by Lynn Krawczyk Slow stitching and mixed-media techniques for fabric and paper
and

Learn how to save on HP Ink and get a free month 

Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers