Monday, July 24, 2017

Heritage Crochet in a New Light: Enriching Your Designs with Heirloom Lace Techniques by Rita de Maintenon

"I received a free sample in exchange for writing a review on my blog"


I love to crochet! Especially, when I'm making clothing, which is one of my favorite things to do and crocheting some lace designs would be wonderful! I saw this book, Heritage Crochet in a New Light by Rita de Maintenon and was just inspired by the beautiful designs, to start creating my own! The lacy look is very nice for a top over other clothing or even a doll and baby top. However, I just love the inspirational projects that can be created and how elegant it looks!

The book is packed with ideas, very creative and fun for the entire home and fashionable outfits to wear! I can even see gifting some of those lacy tops and accessories. However, it's more about the fashion that I really enjoy from this book. Creating a laced top, a lace bag or anything lacy with yarn is different and creative verse typical crocheting. I was looking for some new ideas and this book does just that for me! How simple it is to take what I know and create these different designs with ease since I already know how to crochet but want to update my creations a bit.

Finally, I really enjoy the helpful information and ideas that can be added to my own or similar projects inside. So many techniques to create beautiful designs with yarn. I love to crochet and this book is something that I had to have in my collection!

Information About The Author:
Rita de Maintenon has taught heritage fiber workshops for over twenty years. She is a member of the Southern Highland Craft Guild and a Blue Ridge National Heritage Artist. She is a Craft Yarn Council certified instructor.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 80 pages
  • Publisher: Schiffer; 1 edition (July 28, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764353470
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764353475


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Schifferbooks - Heritage Crochet in a New Light: Enriching Your Designs with Heirloom Lace Techniques by Rita de Maintenon
and



Learn how to save on HP Ink and get a free month



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”