Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Video Games Guide 1,000+ Arcade, Console and Computer Games, 1962–2012, 2d ed. by Matt Fox

I received a free sample of the book, 
The Video Games Guide in exchange for writing a review on my blog

I love this book! Since I collect old and classic games, I wanted to know a little more about the details of each game that I really admire, like Mario and Sonic, of course, it is the older games I really enjoy and this book covers that perfectly! The book, The Video Games Guide by Matt Fox has been a guide into the classic and newer games that have been released during the 2000s. It's a big reference like a dictionary, not gigantic, but enough to cover details on all different games and it does talk about not only console types but even PC games that were released. What I didn't expect, which was a nice addition is the beautiful photos of realistic games and dates. It's just a wonderful book for the collector and those who want to read more about the games they enjoy during the time period of 1962 to 2012.

The book is actually labeled in alphabetical order. Therefore, finding the correct information of each game is very easy to do! To search for a game, just look for the first letter of the game you want, example M for Mario. You will find everything about the games developed with Mario and the time period. However, many games used the title Super Mario, so check under that name and you get all the games from N64 to Nintendo with the use of Super Mario. There are plenty of games under there and that is so awesome! Plus, all the other games you can check out information about, like Final Fantasy, Simpsons, Tetris ( a favorite of my moms, and so much more!

Honestly, I am such a gamer, love reviewing new games and testing them as a Beta tester! I was always playing video games with my twin when growing up since I was 5 years old. That is why I just couldn't pass up this book! I really and always wanted to learn about the games back then, cause I want to collect them all! However, searching online is a bit difficult and can be time-consuming. Though, with this guide, I feel well informed and even learn the exact date and information about the game as well. Finally, this is a wonderful gaming guide and full or information of each game. It's like a dictionary for games! Excellent book to own, highly recommend!


Information About The Author:
Video game expert Matt Fox lives in the medieval city of Canterbury in the United Kingdom. He is the regional coordinator for a charity that runs engineering projects within schools and is also heavily involved in the teaching and promotion of space science in the UK.

Book Information:
  • Title: The Video Games Guide; 2 edition
  • Author: Matt Fox
  • Publication date: (January 3, 2013)
  • Paperback: 416 pages
  • Language: English
  • pISBN: 978-0-7864-7257-4
  • eISBN: 978-1-4766-0067-3
  • Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1 x 9.9 inches
  • Publisher: McFarland 
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
McFarlandbooks- The Video Games Guide 1,000+ Arcade, Console and Computer Games, 1962–2012, 2d ed. by Matt Fox
and


Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers