Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Perspective in Action Creative Exercises for Depicting Spatial Representation from the Renaissance to the Digital Age by David Chelsea

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

The book, Perspectives in Action by David Chelsea is a terrific guide to creating art that gives a sort of illusion and some kind of interest than a typical drawing! It helps you build a new perspective with the image and the surroundings, which allows the viewer to look at it more than just one way. I honestly think of it as a guide to creating a new view on what you already draw! I think it has really helped me inspired a change in what I normally do, making my one view a bit more exciting. Plus, this book has like a feel of a puzzle and also encourages me to do more by trying these new takes on an image I'm about to draw or create in any form. 

It may seem odd, with these different takes, but to me, it's a challenge!  There are many different ideas in this book but really looks awesome with the tips and tricks have done inside to create the images they are sharing. It's definitely not a book I would say has anything I have ever seen before or online, so the information is very new and useful for artists who want to take perspective into their work! 

The ideas and creative ways that are seen inside is quite interesting. I really love how it's almost like reading a comic book, the format. This is because each step is like in a square box and in order to the next thing you need to do. I honestly thought by the title it was about drawing like a simple photo with front and back images on the page. However, I got more than I was hoping for, in a good way!

Finally, this is such a new way to look at art and create it! I just love books that make you want to draw or create things while learning how to. This is quite a book and a very fun guide, I would even think kids would love to try some of these unique ways to get the perspective they want of an image. 

Information About The Author:
DAVID CHELSEA has been a commercial artist for more than 30 years, and his work has appeared in hundreds of publications including the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Press, Seattle Weekly, Chicago Tribune, Reader's Digest, Boston Phoenix, and Portland Monthly. He is the author of the graphic novels David Chelsea in Love, Welcome to the Zone, and Snow Angel; two volumes of his collected "24 Hour Comics;" and the how-to books Perspective! for Comic Book Artists and Extreme Perspective! for Artists.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 176 pages
  • Publisher: Watson-Guptill (June 20, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1607749467
  • ISBN-13: 978-1607749462
  • Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.4 x 10 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:




Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers