Friday, June 2, 2017

HOME REPAIR WISDOM & KNOW-HOW Timeless Techniques to Fix, Maintain, and Improve Your Home From the editors of Fine Homebuilding

I received a free sample in exchange for writing a review on my blog

I have finally moved into my own home almost a year in June and this book is one I would tell everyone, first-timers or already have owned home buyers to buy! This not only aids but it's packed with reference guides to repairing common issues and things that you wouldn't think about or know anything about. Plus, maintaining the home, which is always needed and can cause problems if you don't keep an eye on them.

I know if I didn't have this book, Home Repair Wisdom and Know-How by the editors of Fine Home building, I wouldn't  have any idea on how to keep my home safe and protected all year round. There are so many images, illustrations to go with each bit of guidance and that is so important when it comes to books on things that many don't understand about. I mean, what if you don't know what one piece is, but if there is a photo you'll know exactly what the book is talking about. I mean, it's great that they add these images and I find it to make the book easier to grasp and learn from, especially if you are new to caring for a home and everything inside it.
I just love so much helpful information, especially with the useful side panel, I can find what I'm looking for. If I wanted to learn how to paint or if I'm working with heating and cooling, well there is a section and it's easy to spot that section by the side of the book. It's covered with the label to each section, leaving no problems of one having to look through the book searching for that specific problem, when you can find it all on the listed sections.

OK, so that was one of the best features of this book, but there are a few more! I really enjoyed that it's not only covering repairs, but even learning about home safety, permits for specific parts being add or built on to the house and even a big important piece that really can take over a house, mold! I hate mold and my aunt had her home covered in it due to water leaking in the basement. Now my home is always flooding in the back, but the house is a bit high so it's not getting in or causing a problem. However, the outer part of my home has areas where it doesn't get shaded and mold is building up on those parts of the house. I expect there will be come under the house due to all the rain as well. 
At least this book will give me some great ways to protected my home and avoid the dangers that mold can bring. Plus, if that wasn't the only problem. I actually have plans to replace the toilets in the house. They are so small, compared to the average toilet bowl. Therefore, I plan to install larger and the normal size ones for my family. Now I don't need to go online or look in any other book. This book has that covered too. I am just so thankful for something like this to come in hands! It has only been help and aid me in plans for my home. 

Finally, I know I have many more repairs and installs on my mind. This is my first house and I want to make it the best! Therefore, new upgrades/installs will definitely happen and without trying to research or find the info, this book will give me all the information I need and photos to help guide me through each step! It's just so awesome and a perfect book for the DIY homeowner to own!
Information About The Author:
Fine Homebuilding is the largest and most trusted residential construction magazine and website. The magazine is published by Taunton Press, a leading publisher of books and magazines on home building and design, woodworking, fiber arts and sewing, crafts, gardening, and cooking for the last 30 years.

Book Information:
  • Paperback: 912 pages
  • Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal (May 9, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316362905
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316362900

Product Dimensions: 8 x 1.5 x 10 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Black Dog and Leventhal - HOME REPAIR WISDOM & KNOW-HOW Timeless Techniques to Fix, Maintain, and Improve Your Home From the editors of Fine Homebuilding
and




Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:
http://www.google.com/+NatoshaMiller
http://www.twitter.com/airmonkey120
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Test-try-results/530444620381349
http://www.pinterest.com/natosha08087/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_OQdCM92ChVia46ga_BMg

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers