Thursday, June 8, 2017

Designing Clothes with the Flat Pattern Method Customize Fitting Shells to Create Garments in Any Style by Sara Alm

I received a free sample in exchange for writing a review on my blog

I honestly enjoy the information inside this book, Designing Clothes with the Flat Pattern Method by Sara Alm. It's actually what you would need to understand pattern making and how to create certain styles. The steps inside helps you to create the right shape and design to put on paper and use as a pattern. Of course, if you are beginning or have a little knowledge of patterns, at least this book can be a helpful guidance to aid in your passion for designing clothing! That is exactly what it's doing for me!

The steps are easily seen inside, with all the helpful pictures of a person using real pattern drawings and how they just take that one master pattern and change them ever so slightly to create a new look. The book sort of helped open my mind and eyes to the many different possibilities to create new pattern ideas and actually, I have been stumped for some time to get past the traditional look. I really wanted a way to change the plain style up, and now this book taught me how too! Plus, it's super easy! I must say that this book has it all. It really patterns designing so much easier, plus less searching online for inspiration or steps!
Finally, I do enjoy the manipulations of the clothing inside. Especially the neckline, from the more slant to the regular round neckline. Plus, with the real visuals, I feel inspired to follow the steps and create some of these wonderful patterns right now! I honestly love my sewing machine, trying to get clothing I design to sell and now I have some new patterns to work with and I just love it! Oh, by the way, if you ever wanted to know about fasteners, well this book has that too and it's also extremely helpful!



Information About The Author:
Sara Alm started sewing dresses at age six, and she's never looked back. After graduating from the Apparel Arts patternmaking program in 2005, Alm has worked as a patternmaker, designer, and sewing instructor at Apparel Arts. She also shares her passion for garment-making by teaching sewing and fashion to at-risk teenage girls. Alm is the co-author of Famous Frocks, and her latest venture is launching a line of women's activewear.

Alm is the instructor for five Craftsy Classes--Mastering Construction: Facings and Linings, Mastering Construction: Foundation Techniques, Mastering Construction: Zippers and Waistbands, The Essential Guide to Sewing with Sheers, and Inside Vogue Patterns: Tracy Reese V1397.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 176 pages
  • Publisher: Creative Publishing int'l (May 15, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1589239342
  • ISBN-13: 978-1589239340
  • Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.6 x 11.1 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Quartoknows - Designing Clothes with the Flat Pattern Method Customize Fitting Shells to Create Garments in Any Style by Sara Alm
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers