Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Colored Pencil Painting Portraits Master a Revolutionary Method for Rendering Depth and Imitating Life by Alyona Nickelsen

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

I have been wanting for this type of book. The name of it is called Colored Pencil Painting Portraits by Alyona Nickelsen and for a while now I've been interested in learning to color with colored pencils and blending them together! Plus, I am trying to improve my drawing abilities and allowing my images and art to look more realistic, Since I normally draw more cartoon style doodles and drawings. However, this book is packed with information I really need and don't want to pay to go to school for. It's got everything I need and I just love it!

The cover already explains what you'll get out of this book! It really is everything you want to learn and know about drawing realistic pictures because it shows a true image of what will be taught! I honestly didn't have to know what the inside had since the cover really explained it. Also, reading the book and viewing the photos, all I know is that I'm loving the book's guidance and that it's not all based on the human anatomy but realistic, clothed drawings of portraits of all occasions.

Finally, the book has really helped me drop the black and white, pencil drawing and pickup colored pencils to get a lovely artistic drawing for others to enjoy as well as I! Also, it has a great way aiding in the understanding of blending colored pencils making each photo look like a painted photograph, which is a true realistic piece on a true human being, not just one color forms our natural shades, but many! Plus, all those questions you may have and want to be answered will also be found inside. That is what really help guide me into drawing some wonderful photos, helpful answers! That is why this is tTruely an excellent book and a wonderful guide! 

Information About The Author:
ALYONA NICKELSEN is a contributing writer for Colored Pencil Magazine and the author of Colored Pencil Painting Bible. Her work has been featured in numerous publications, including American Artist, The Artist's Magazine, and American Art Collector. Nickelsen's paintings have been exhibited and won awards in prestigious national and international juried shows, such as Salmagundi Club, the American Artist Professional League, Audubon Artists, and the Colored Pencil Society of America. She is the creator and instructor of the Colored Pencil Painting Learning Center hosted on her website, www.brushandpencil.com.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Watson-Guptill (June 20, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0385346271
  • ISBN-13: 978-0385346276
  • Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.6 x 10 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:




Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."