Wednesday, June 28, 2017

350+ Crochet Tips, Techniques, and Trade Secrets by Jan Eaton

"I received a free sample in exchange for writing a review on my blog"

Have you ever wanted to learn something new from a book on crocheting? Well, this is one book that has really some new information that you don't find online or in other books! I just love to crochet and it's wonderful to have everything I need to know to create beautiful pieces that look professional right in one place! Unlike many books, This one, 350+ Crochet Tips, Techniques, and Trade Secrets by Jan Eaton makes learning ways to fix, Understand how to crochet garments for all body types, understand stitches, and just create a professional touch to the clothing and creations you'll be crocheting! 

I always had a problem to make mine look more professional, as you'd buy in the store or see from others online who make pieces to wear. I always just wanted to have professional look and not have everything look a bit messy. Also, with many others I wish I could fix, it's hard searching for these specific tips online and finding helpful guidance allover, until now! This book has everything I could ask for, and it's not like any other crochet book. It isn't all about creating specific patterns, but instead making garments and how to choose for that specific clothing piece, the right yarn as well as caring for it. Plus, each step by step inside this book will help you achieve these great styles and finished designs you always wanted for each piece, I know it has for me! There are tips to help even lengthening already made pieces, adding lovely edging to the ends, and just make things look just better. I love the different stitches and even the way to create button holes, which I really wanted to learn about for the clothing I create.

Have you ever made something, to realize you didn't have the right amount of yarn? Well, I have and I never could understand how much to have on hand for a specific thing. I always felt that large amount of one color yarn should be enough. That is till I finally get to creating the piece of clothing and end up missing a few rows to finish it off. It's quite annoying, but thanks to this book there is a tip to tell and learn how much you'll need to never run out and not finish what you're working on! Plus, the help to figuring out the right type of yarn to use is always a great thing to know, because the results are always different and sometimes don't look so pretty! Of course, I'm always being gifted yarn, and never had an idea which is needed and works best for which projects. Thanks to this book, once again it helps me decide and leave my brain from being confused! 

Finally, this is one book I can't do with out! It's something new that I haven't seen in any other book and has been super helpful! You learn so much like tools, reading patterns and garment shaping as well as color blocking. Let's just say it has everything you want to know and need to know inside! Perfect for those starting out and those who need a reminder or wants to learn a little more. For me, I work on crochet projects always, been creating a company with my Jewel Bearz and working on clothing for my dolls and self. However, having tips and suggestions from this book, I'm getting to do things better and look like a professional every day!



Information About The Author:
JAN EATON is known internationally for her specialty in needlecraft and textile designs. She is the author of 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 160 pages
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (July 18, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1250125103
  • ISBN-13: 978-1250125101


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Macmillan Books - 350+ Crochet Tips, Techniques, and Trade Secrets by Jan Eaton
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers