Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Story Cure: A Book Doctor's Pain-Free Guide to Finishing Your Novel or Memoir

This is an excellent guide to creating a wonderful book, The Story Cure by Dinty W. Moore! It really takes you step by step, sort of dissecting what a story really is. You learn what it takes and how much work you need to do. There is some truth that the draft could be more than just one time, but many written over and over. You do want to make it perfect, so it takes time. This book really help me realize this and so much more!

I honestly love the guidance and how easy it is to understand. The book is really like having a doctor who prescribes what is needed to recover and aid the book you been or wanted to begin working on. It's quite a wonderful guide and has a little more humor and not so serious type of feeling when you read it. It doesn't make me turn away and actually want to learn more to make the best book I can.

Finally, with all the helpful guidance inside, simple ways to learn how to focus on what you want and write the best story you can, this book is excellent! I honestly found it to help me target my goals in the book I would like to write and simplify my mind so I'm not jumping from one topic to another, which doesn't really make sense towards the main topic. So I would recommend this book and it's a fun way of diagnosing the problem and helping to fix it!

Information About The Author:
DINTY W. MOORE is director of Ohio University's BA, MA, and PhD in creative writing programs. He has authored various books of literary nonfiction as well as textbooks and craft guides, most notably Dear Mister Essay Writer Guy and his memoir, Between Panic & Desire, winner of the Grub Street Nonfiction Book Prize. He has been published in Harpers, the New York Times Sunday Magazine,the Philadelphia Inquirer, Utne Reader, Salon, Okey-Panky, the Southern Review, the Georgia Review, and the Los Angeles Review of Books. Moore is founder and editor of Brevity and is a frequent speaker and teacher at writers' conferences.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Ten Speed Press (May 2, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0399578803
  • ISBN-13: 978-0399578809
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.2 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:


Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."




Google+ Followers