Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Inspiration from Around the World For Creating Art in Multiple Mediums and Styles by Julia L. Kay

I actually didn't know what this book was about. However, after reading it, I learned that it's actually a tip book by many different artists and guidance to creating some interesting pieces in all different mediums! The book, Inspiration from Around the World by Julia L. Kay explains so many different techniques that many used to draw and create their portraits. It's pretty helpful in my opinion! I honestly never thought about a book on tips to help me create and draw better. Though if it can help me improve and learn from some great artists then why not!

However, this book has helped me figure out ways to improve my art and try using all different mediums. I know it sounds silly, but once you read a book on how to draw or doodle different things, you get an idea what to do but not how to really perfect it or make it something you want it to be by using different tools. I mean, this book has ideas by artists for drawing with pencil, colored pencil, paint, crayon and so on! Plus, there are the quotes from artists that explain what they did or how they created each piece. It explains ways to use photographs or why create portraits, using tracing and so much more! 

I honestly loved the guidance, the advice and creative things these artists inside the book did to get the image they wanted, and the front cover is really well made! It just calls out to me and says, Art! Finally, this is a wonderful book and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in creating beautiful art.


Information About The Author:
JULIA L. KAY is a painter, printmaker, photographer, muralist, and digital artist born and raised in New York City. She holds a BA in photography from Wesleyan University in Connecticut and did graduate work at the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore. Kay now lives in San Francisco, where she’s had the opportunity to complete commissions and to exhibit both locally and internationally. She began Julia Kay’s Portrait Party in 2010 and it has since grown to over one thousand members in more than fifty-five countries. Visit the group’s website at studiojuliakay.com/jkpp.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Watson-Guptill (April 11, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1607749963
  • ISBN-13: 978-1607749967
  • Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.6 x 9.4 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."