Wednesday, May 3, 2017

How To Series - Knit, Sew, and Crochet GMC Craft Books

I have always been a fan of yarn crafts and knitting is something I'm still working on. I've been very interested in this book because it's not complicated and perfect for the beginner!
I can imagine reading books on knitting with patterns, thinking it would be easy to understand and I would have a project done in no time. However, I can never really remember how to start or remember what specific abbreviations or words used for knitting on a pattern really means. So other books just don't really help, plus most are very complicated! However, this book is different and has really helped aid me in remembering how to start off on the two needles, the terminology, and directions on how to create some fun and useful items.

Everything in this book is made simple, perfect for anyone beginning and those who may have short-term memory loss, like me, it really is a great reminder guide to have on hand! I think this will be the book I'll refer to when I forget something. It's so simple to follow and easy to understand. Plus, there are photos inside the book to help guide you visually and also through text. I don't feel it's scary anymore to knit. Since this book proves it to be a piece of cake to learn and isn't an 800-page guide. Finally, I love this book for learning and a great reference to look at for help, plus the projects are wonderful and easy to do as well!

Information About The Author:
Tina Barrett was taught to knit by her grandmother and has been passionate about creating her own gorgeous yarn and fabric-based designs ever since. She is a regular contributor to many knitting and sewing magazines and is the author of four previous books for GMC Publications: Knits for Dogs and Cats, Natural Knits for Babies and Toddlers, Natural Crochet for Babies and Toddlers and Knitted Dinosaurs. Tina lives with her family in Cornwall, southwest England.

Book Information:

  • Series: How to...
  • Paperback: 92 pages
  • Publisher: GMC Publications (May 17, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1784942936
  • ISBN-13: 978-1784942939
  • Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
GMC Books - How to Knit
and




I remember trying to learn to crochet, it was hard to understand. I sort of got the idea about making a chain, though I really never understood the rest. My grandma tried to help me, but still, it was hard for her to teach me because she had no real way to explain it. However, I used a little of her teachings and found stuff online and still to this day I refer to online sources when I'm near a computer. 

Now when I read this book, all I could think is that I wish I had a copy when I was trying to learn crochet! The book is packed with simple to follow steps and guidance photos.
It's not complicated and is broken down simply to have you learn to start off and continue to make some fun things to actually use. Like many beginner books, this is not a giant guide but the right size to help you understand crocheting terms, abbreviations, tools, how to start and even learn a few techniques along the way.

I do love a guide with large photos and this has plenty to help you visually learn. I think my favorite is that there are small projects you can create after understanding and learning to crochet. You can try making cozies for your cups, a tablet, and even cute mittens to keep your hands warm during the cold weather. It's so much fun to learn to crochet, I know since I do it daily! However, it's better to have the right guide and this is just that!

Information About The Author:
Inspired by the imagination of children, Emma likes to make items that bring a smile. She has not only written a number of popular crochet books--Crocheted Keyrings & Charms, Cute Crocheted Animals and How to Crochet, all published by GMC Publications--but also worked closely with yarn companies and retailers to design exclusive contemporary patterns. She has had a number of successful collaborations with the celebrated knitwear designer Debbie Bliss and she regularly shares her design inspiration and thought processes through her award-winning knitting and crochet blog: emmavarnam.co.uk. Emma lives in Greater Manchester with her husband and young son.

Book Information:

  • Publishing: Spring 17
  • Pub month: April
  • ISBN-13: 9781784943455
  • Author: Emma Varnam
  • Binding: PB
  • No. of pages: 108
  • Dimensions: 275 x 215 mm
  • Color: Full color throughout

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
GMC Books - How to Crochet
and

I always wanted to sew better! I can't stand having my stitched by hand items look like I didn't care much or come apart after sewing it up. I do get tired while stitching up certain things because I have no idea how to correctly do it! Therefore, some things end up with large gaps or too tight and not evenly distributed stitches throughout each object. Well, that was before, I read this book and used what I've learned in all my projects!

There is nothing better than a photographic way to visualize each stitch needed to sew up a project and how to correctly do it! This book really is a blessing, a guidance that can help anyone from beginner or just those who need a little help remembering how to begin and continue to the end. It really has helped me a ton and now with my sewing machine and hand sewing, I'll have the perfect ending project, professional looking that I really want to have and no mistakes! Finally, this is a wonderful book, all the tools and info you need can be found inside. Plus, it's not a huge book or giant guide that you'll have to read for hours. You do get to be a bit engaged while creating projects found inside and follow each direction using what you've learned in the beginning of the book. 

Information About The Author:
Susie Johns began her publishing career as a magazine artworks editor before becoming a freelance writer and designer. She is the author of more than 30 craft books on a range of subjects including knitting, crochet, papier mache and embroidery. Susie has also contributed to a number of magazines and has made several television appearances demonstrating various crafts. Susie is a qualified teacher and runs workshops in drawing and painting, knitting and crochet, embroidery, and 3D design. Reader her blog at: www.susieatthecircus.typepad.com.

Book Information:

  • Publishing: Spring 17
  • Pub month: April
  • ISBN-13: 9781784942946
  • Author: Susie Johns
  • Binding: PB
  • No. of pages: 108
  • Dimensions: 275 x 215 mm
  • Color: Full color throughout


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
GMC Books - How to Sew
and




Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers