Monday, April 17, 2017

The Garden Photography Workshop by Andrea Jones

I am in love with gardening, making my house look good and just the joy it brings me when I get to see it day to day! That is also why I love Spring since I can start planning and setting up the garden! I am also a huge fan of photography and this year, in my own home I can set up my garden and snap all the photos I want. However, it's a bit difficult to capture every image with perfection, when the lighting around the garden can be too bright or quite dim.

That is why I was so interested in a book that can help me achieve a perfect photo of my beautiful garden! This book that has caught my attention to learning more about garden photography is called The Garden Photography Workshop by Andrea Jones and let me tell you that this is quite a helpful guide and there isn't really anything left out! You aren't even going to need another book on garden photography, once you've read this one! I've found all the helpful tips and ideas that I've never even thought about when it comes to outdoor photography, especially photos of plants and animals!

The book is considered a workshop, sort of like a class in a book! You get everything you need to know before actually attempting on taking a shot with your camera of choice. Many photography books include this to help anyone starting out and who has possibly never had a book on photography before. That is why for this book to offer that guidance is extremely helpful! Plus, if you want an idea of what feature or benefit from whichever camera you use and the extra helpful ideas to setting the scene or where to take it from, which I find to be one of the best guidance from this photography books! 

Now I was very impressed by a few helpful steps and tips, but what really stood out to me was the idea of taking a cut out that would be close to like a frame and using it to see which part of the garden would look excellent as a photo. I honestly never thought about that as an idea. I mean you really would take a frame like cardboard or paper piece and just check out what would really be perfect for capturing. I am sure going to have to try this and see how much images would come out better if I did this before just taking photos of my garden.

Also, I love also the idea of understanding one's home. You need to plan your garden as many others are not the same and figure out the timing and where the light hits. This may be the solution to my issue with lighting. Therefore, throughout the day there maybe a chance to get a better shot without being over shined by light or not having enough. Therefore, this tip of lighting and timing it just right is a sure winner! Finally, not to give out all the helpful tips, this book really will come in handy for me! No matter the year, this will really help me achieve a better image worth selling, sharing, or for personal use. Finally, I am very excited to have a copy of this book!


Information About The Author:
Andrea Jones specializes in photographs of landscape architecture, gardens, and plants. Her work regularly appears in House & Garden, Country Living, Gardens Illustrated, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, Sunset, Organic Gardening, Fine Gardening, and GardenDesign. She runs a stock photo library called Garden Exposures. Jones is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and exhibits her work around the world. She has been recognized with multiple awards from the UK’s Garden Media Guild.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Timber Press (March 8, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1604696699
  • ISBN-13: 978-1604696691
  • Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.8 x 8.9 inches
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Workman - The Garden Photography Workshop: Expert Tips and Techniques for Capturing the Essence of Your Garden by Andrea Jones
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers