Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Beeswax Workshop by Chris Dalziel

I've always had a curiosity about beeswax, really had no idea what it was, but I knew it has been used in multiple products and many other forms! The book, The Beeswax Workshop by Chris Dalziel is something very cool for those interested with a bit of DIY and creativity using beeswax. Honestly, it's an awesome way to experiment and see what you really can create and make with the stuff, plus it's simple!

Although, it is hard for me to say which project really captured my attention since I want to just try them all! However, the one project I really wanted to try first would have to be the candles. I've always wanted to try to make my own candles since my mom used to do so in our home. Of course, that's been years ago and I was so much younger. Though I can remember how many times she warned me about the process and how hard it really is. I really kept bringing it up because I just really wanted to try it! 

Unfortunately, my mom had it hard when making these candles, but with the use of beeswax it really just sounds so awesome and with one simple glance at the directions, it's very easy to do! Just looking at the items needed and the steps, I was surprised how simple it really is. The only thing you need is the beeswax and 2 wicks, which is simple as peeling a banana! Of course, this is for a simple taper candle that doesn't require or need scents of any type. However, for many different purposes, such as a dinner party or just to light up the home, this is a great idea!

Finally, I really loved all the projects inside and possibly will do the candles first. Next, I plan on trying the beauty products, which don't need to be bought and can be handmade with the simple recipes inside. So I basically found this book to be superb! It's quite a fun project books for healthy and useful items that anyone can make!


Information About The Author:
Chris Dalziel is a teacher, author, gardener, and herbalist with 30+ years’ of growing herbs and formulating herbal remedies, skin care products, soaps, and candles. She teaches workshops and writes extensively about gardening, crafts, and medicinal herbs on her blog at JoybileeFarm.com. Beeswax is a central player in these interests.

Formerly the president of the Boundary Artisan Association and the Boundary Spinners and Weavers Guild, Chris led both organizations through 2 successful art gallery shows. She’s won awards for her textile designs and was featured in The Ashford Wheel Magazine in 2011.

Chris is a contributing writer to The Biblical Herbal Magazine, The FermenTools Blog, and the Attainable Sustainable blog. Her other books, The Beginners Book of Essential Oils and Homegrown Healing are available on Amazon.

Chris lives with her husband Robin in the mountains of British Columbia on a 140-acre ranch, with sheep, dairy goats, llamas, and a few retired chickens. They have three adult children and three granddaughters.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Ulysses Press (December 20, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 161243648X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1612436487
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1 x 8.4 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Ulyssespress - The Beeswax Workshop How to Make Your Own Natural Candles, Cosmetics, Cleaners, Soaps, Healing Balms and More By Chris Dalziel
and







Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:
http://www.google.com/+NatoshaMiller
http://www.twitter.com/airmonkey120
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Test-try-results/530444620381349
http://www.pinterest.com/natosha08087/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_OQdCM92ChVia46ga_BMg

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”




Google+ Followers