Saturday, April 22, 2017

Get Coding! Learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and Build a Website, App, and Game by Young Rewired State and Illustrated by Duncan Beedie

As an adult, I've been more interested lately with coding with Javascript and HTML. Mainly, because I want to learn to make my own game, work on website building, and even apps! Honestly, it sounds like fun to be able to do all that and I would so love to create my own app or game to have others to try! 

Lately, you hear about coding programs all over, it's really becoming very popular and so much that children should start learning about it as well! Therefore, I have been searching for books that can help and aid in learning about coding without being too difficult.  Also, finding the right ones that can help adults and children learn about coding, but not be too complicated that a beginner wouldn't understand. So far, I've found a few good ones and yet some that may be a bit difficult for anyone to grasp if they haven't learned about that specific coding program from another source.

I did notice that many of those free online courses and even sites on coding can be very beneficial. However, sometimes, it can be hard to understand a few and even if you are trying to teach a child or the child is learning on their own. So either it may be difficult for the parent or the child to want to keep learning and just make them lose their interest right away. That is something I know you don't want to do or have your kids turn down learning about coding because it's complicated. Especially, if it's something they really wanted to learn and you too!

Now, I think I've found a great new book that actually has solved many of the difficulties of learning to code and it isn't about using Scratch, like many others on coding for children books do! The book, Get Coding! by Young Rewired State is packed with not only one language but 3 of the most used and well known coding programs out there! These are HTML which is great for blogs websites, CSS and Javascript which I find to be quite fun to work with! The book also is packed with cute cartoon-like photos, something that any child and even an adult may find fun to read and interested in learning. What I found to be beneficial of this book is that it's not a huge boring and hard to read the book, but very engaging and breaks learning about coding to a simpler way for anyone even a beginner adult to learn!

It's packed with instructions and easy to follow steps. The book really teaches you the main importance of each coding language and how to use them. It's not complicated and even a bit more fun to read and doesn't cause one's eyes to roam. I honestly love the cute characters and illustrated examples and helpful steps to help give a child a chance to learn to code without it becoming stressful, even for an adult teaching a child!

Another thing I really love is that after you enjoy learning what's inside, you can take that next step and create a site for blogging, business or pretty much anything. Also, get started on creating a fun game for others, even your friends to play and also apps! Who wouldn't love to make something fun for another to play, I know I would! This book is a guide and workbook, something that could be used in a classroom for children to learn from, but not difficult or hard to understand.

So instead of searching the internet for info on HTML codes when building a website or questioning what functions to use during javascript and variables, I will just need to refer to this book for guidance and it has helped me learn important information that I can now remember for my future projects as well as explain it to a child with ease! Finally, this is actually a book I would recommend and found it to be a super helper and one I love for children to learn from!

Information About The Author:
Young Rewired State is a U.K.-based worldwide community of digital makers aged eighteen and under. The community allows young coders to meet like-minded peers and share skills. Young Rewired State members can also meet expert mentors at free events around the world, like the Festival of Code, and use freely available open data to build apps, websites, and algorithms to solve real-world challenges.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 208 pages
  • Publisher: Walker Books Ltd (May 5, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1406366846
  • ISBN-13: 978-1406366846
  • Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.6 x 8.4 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Candlewick - Get Coding! by Young Rewired State
and


Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”