Monday, March 13, 2017

HAND LETTERING by Thy Doan Graves

I love this book, Hand Lettering by Thy Doan Graves! It's a simple book that will help you understand how to hand letter or pretty much write in a prettier way! I mean, you will learn to be a bit more creative with your lettering, no more simple straight up and down, but more flowing and actually something you'd put on a card or on a scrapbook page and make anyone want to read it! It's something I always do in my everyday writing. No matter if I'm making a list, typing on the computer, sending a card, or just putting my name onto to a piece of paper, I will always cursive write my name and other words or try to be a bit fancy with creative writing styles.
However, I am always open to some great tips and ideas that others have to offer. Therefore, I found this book a wonderful start for anyone, beginner or not! It's pretty simple to read and follow along too. Each page has ideas for writing the letters, which you can easily follow along with each idea. I find it best to take another sheet of paper to practice different lettering and decide before actually placing it onto a scrapbook page or into a card. Plus, when I use this book for examples, it always gives me other ideas and creative ways to make my lettering a bit different and unique. 

No matter, this book is wonderful! I love the colors and the fun to follow letterings of the alphabet. There are just so many to choose from and enjoy writing on other things for persona or gifts! Also, you don't need any special tools, only a simple piece of paper and pen or pencil will do! Of course, you can use markers, crayons, paint brushes and pretty much any material to write with, it's a creative craft that doesn't cost much and anyone can enjoy and want to frame up by just how good you do it! Finally, this is a wonderful book, love the cover and every creative hand lettering found inside!  
Information About The Author:
THY DOAN GRAVES is a graphic designer and letterer known for her various styles and mediums. Her work ranges from projects as small as logos and letter-pressed prints to large office murals and chalk menus. She lives in Boston with her husband and two dogs.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 128 pages
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (February 28, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1250122058
  • ISBN-13: 978-1250122056
  • Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.8 x 9 inches
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
US.Macmillan - HAND LETTERING Creative Alphabets for Any Occasion by Thy Doan Graves
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers