Friday, February 3, 2017

The English Rose by David Austin

The book, The English Roses by David Austin is such a beautiful guide through all different color roses. I love the true visuals of each rose as well as the information to describe and how to cultivate each of them. The book has also each rose placed in one of 7 categories, which classifies them differently from each other by their features.

I think for a book on roses, I really do love the imagery! I mean, I love flowers, but roses are beautiful. Since I can't always buy roses, they aren't that cheap, at least I can view them in this book! I think the best part of this book for me as an artist is to use the images in drawings and sketch up my own. Since, I don't have true ones growing in my garden, especially during winter. Even if I didn't buy any, at least, I can see how they look through this English Roses book. 
Finally, my favorite rose in this book is the Mistress Quickly, which is an interesting name, but such a beautiful rose bush. The pink of the rose is so beautiful, a color I truly love and even though it says it isn't a glamorous rose, which I don't agree. It does mention it's a simple beauty and has a light fragrance. I do agree with its beauty because honestly simple is fine with me and yet in this photo, it's just lovely! However, there are so many others in this book I really do like, so I can't say that is my only favorite, but it is one of the top choices.

Information About The Author:
David Austin has been breeding and hybridizing roses for more than 60 years. His English Roses have achieved international recognition and are sought by gardeners around the world. He and his son, David J.C. Austin, operate David Austin Roses, one of the world's largest rose nurseries. David Austin's books include the best-selling David Austin Roses, which won a Garden Writer's Guild Award. He has been awarded numerous medals for his contribution to horticulture.

Book Information:
  • Hardcover: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Firefly Books; 3 edition (February 1, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 177085326X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1770853263
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Fireflybooks - The English Roses: Classic Favorites and New Selections by David Austin
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers