Monday, January 9, 2017

The Useful Book by David and Sharon Bowers

The book, The Useful Book by David and Sharon Bowers is a trip through Home Ec and Shop Class! I really never attended either, but my sister did take Home Ec and they made some delicious treats.
However, I never had that luxury because the course filled up too quickly! Therefore, I am so glad to have a chance to check out this wonderful book, which takes both classes, Shop and Home Ec and allows you to learn new tips and ways to repair, create and fix up anything you'd like! It's pretty nifty and a useful book to own! 

I absolutely love not relying on someone else or having to afford someone to fix a simple household or any type of problem. When I mean anything, I mean anything from put on a tie to fixing a piece of carpet on the floor, this book will guide you with images and step by step text through each project. Inside there is a total of 138 common projects that we all faced or will face in our lives, something that we normally deal with. So expecting something strange to be listed that may never normally come up, may not really be in this book, but if you're interested in the normal things such as setting a table for dinner, making a bed, sewing, mopping the floor, measuring, cutting, and possibly building your first birdhouse ever, well this book has it and plenty more!

Oh yes, one thing that really caught my attention, which I'm very interested in is the section on caring for specific clothing. I never knew there was so many different materials that require different attention to keep clean or to even remove stains. I normally sort white and color clothing, but now I am learning more then color differences. One is that that the light weight of clothing could get damaged by heavy weighted, same color clothing when put together. Plus, those symbols you see on a piece of clothing, actually help you decide on how to treat and care for that specfic material, as all aren't able to be washed the same or in a machine. Honestly, that is super helpful!

I am one of those people that love to create and DIY myself. Therefore, this book caught my attention right when I've seen it! I couldn't wait to read it and actually that was before the release days, months ago. However, it's finally in my hands and I'm so happy to have a chance to read this book and learn a few new tricks and ideas to create and organize the home better! Also, when this book is called USEFUL, it really means it!
Information About The Author:
David Bowers is a woodworker, painter, author of Bake Like a Man: A Real Man’s Cookbook, and stay-at-home dad.

Sharon Bowers contributes to iVillage and Parents magazine, and is the author of Ghoulish Goodies, Candy Construction, and The Idiot’s Guide to Cooking Chicken.
Book Information:
  • Age Range: 8 and up 
  • Paperback: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Workman Publishing Company (June 14, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0761171738
  • ISBN-13: 978-0761171737
  • Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.2 x 10.6 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Workman - The Useful Book by David and SHaron Bowers
and



Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers