Monday, January 30, 2017

Night Sky Atlas by Robin Scagell and Wil Tirion

The Night Sky Atlas by Robin Scagell and Wil Tirion is quite a book! I really got interested in viewing the sky because of my curiosity in the planets and learning about each star. The one time I remember is way back in elementary school, viewing all those stars and constellations in this tent, that was set up in the lunch room. However, it was just such a wonderful thing and so is the night sky! So when I heard of this book, I was very intrigued to find out more about these stars and so I can be able to pick each out on a dark night and figure out what star is who or where it's located.

I now recently got a telescope, so to be able to catch all these stars in clear sight and be able to tell which is which, would be great. I think the most I knew before reading this book was about the
big dipper and little dipper. I mean I didn't mind much to learn about them or search for info online. It was just so much easier to have it all in front of me, inside this book. It not only gives you details about the night sky and everything you'll find up there, also different accessories to find them, such as telescopes, finders, the mounts used to help you see what you want to see. 

Plus, I think what I love most is that there are some nice visuals to show examples of what you'll be looking for or viewing in the sky. I feel this is a great atlas to own, it covers everything and is so easy to follow. If you want to learn and understand a specific piece of the night sky, possibly the moon well you can find that chapter under 5 and read all about it with great images too! They even include images of the different moon phases and explains about its movements. Of course, that is just one example there are so much you will learn in this book and being the 3rd edition, it's packed with more up to date info that any child or adult could enjoy learning about!

Information About The Author:

Robin Scagell is an author, consultant and broadcaster, and the vice president of the Society for Popular Astronomy. In 2007, he received the Arthur Clarke Award for Space Reporting and in 2001, an asteroid was named after him. His books include Stargazing with a Telescope and Stargazing with Binoculars.

Wil Tirion has been an uranographer (star-map maker) for more than 40 years and has contributed maps to numerous books and atlases. In 1993 the International Astronomical Union named an asteroid after him.

Book Information:


  • Paperback: 128 pages
  • Publisher: Firefly Books; 3 edition (February 2, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1770859004
  • ISBN-13: 978-1770859005
  • Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.4 x 11.8 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Fireflybooks - Night Sky Atlas
and



Thank You

Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:



“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”










Google+ Followers