Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig

The audio on A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig was something I had to listen too, well it is a Christmas story and I figured my family would love to hear it. However, I just adore anything to do with Christmas and so having to hear this story on audio, which it is long but such a wonderful tale, I figure would be a great way to cozy up as a family in the living room and enjoy the holidays before it's over, listening to this story.

I think my entire family enjoyed the story, I know I had! It is very cute and not like many I've heard before. I wish they actually put this on tape or TV it would be such a wonderful story to watch as well! However, the story is about a child named Nikolas in the search for his father who went missing. So Nikolas has to travel and go find his father while meeting up with some cute characters on the way to the North Pole. There are parts that may be a bit sad and if you are sensitive it might bring a tear or feel of emotion to you, but with all the hatred and mistreatment in this story, there are some wonderful parts that will warm you heart with the good things that do happen. However, it's really a true combination as stated about the story, a combination of Lemony Snicket meets Elf, I can see this and I was a huge fan of Elf.

Finally, the story was pretty good and yet something enjoyable for the entire family, just warn that it is a bit different and sad in some areas. However, if you can handle the emotions you'll be feeling, I think anyone would love this!


Information About The Author:
Matt Haig is a British author for children and adults. His memoir Reasons to Stay Alive was a number one bestseller, staying in the British top ten for 46 weeks. His children's book A Boy Called Christmas was a runaway hit in his own country and is translated in over 25 languages. It is being made into a film by Studio Canal and The Guardian called it an 'instant classic'. Neil Gaiman said of his writing: 'Haig has an empathy for the human condition, the light and the dark of it, and he uses the full palette to build his excellent stories'. His novels for adults include the award-winning The Radleys and The Humans.

Product Details:

  • Age Range: 8 - 12 years
  • Grade Level: 3 - 7
  • Audio CD
  • Publisher: Listening Library (Audio); Unabridged edition (November 1, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0735207798
  • ISBN-13: 978-0735207790
  • Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 1.1 x 5.9 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:




Thank You
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."