Monday, November 21, 2016

The Good Living Guide to Country Skills by Abigail R. Gehring

The book, The Good Living Guide to Country Skills by Abigail R. Gehring is one excellent view on going natural! I find it to be away to provide readers with a new way to live with everything homemade, which to me seems more natural than buying stuff from the store, premade. It reminds me of  living on a farm and creating my own foods. There are so many ideas on how to create certain dishes like fermenting vegetables or even canning, which is popular for home cooks. Plus, there is a section on raising animals, not just the pets but real animals like chickens!

I myself love to cook and make my own food. So this book is perfect for me! It's packed with something I really wanted to learn and find out how to make myself, such as fermenting veggies and even making my own candles. The country lifestyle is something very interesting, and such a feeling of fresh grown food and home raised animals. I thnk this book is something that would be cherished in the eyes of many. It's very realistic with the photos and just inspiring and helpful to creating a homegrown healthy lifestyle.


Information About The Author:
Abigail R. Gehring is the author or editor of more than a dozen books including Back to Basics, Homesteading, and The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living. She’s practiced living self-sufficiently since her childhood in Vermont, being home-schooled, home-canning jams and jellies, and enjoying natural crafts. She and her husband Tim are in the process of restoring an 1800s farmstead in Marlboro, Vermont.

Book Information:

  • Hardcover: 176 pages
  • Publisher: Good Books (July 12, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1680991221
  • ISBN-13: 978-1680991222
  • Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.8 x 8.6 inches


If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Goodbooks- The Good Living Guide to Country Skills Wisdom for Growing Your Own Food, Raising Animals, Canning and Fermenting, and More by Abigail R. Gehring
and



☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers