Saturday, November 19, 2016

Maintaining and Repairing Mechanical Watches by Mark W Wiles

I have always wanted to learn to repair my own watches and everyone else's! I actually have many of the tools and for some reason, I have a little fear to try it without a helpful guide. Plus, I figured if I could do watch repairing, maybe other small devices could be just as easy. Of course, like mentioned before, I have not an idea what or where to begin. I did before print out so much information, but what truly helped was the book, Maintaining and Repairing Mechanical Watches by Mark W Wiles.
I really was impressed how many illustrated and numbered photos are inside, giving you an exact idea about what is needed to be done to prepare and remove the object inside the watch. I wouldn't be able to learn with just text, not seeing or knowing anything about the pieces inside the watch. That is why this book is one of the best books I can use to repair a real watch! No other book I noticed had any colorful images with easy step by step numbers to help you remove in order and learn about the tools you need to own to do these removals and repairs.

Plus, it explains what each part and tools are used for. I really all can say that this book does one great job providing a beginner or an already trained watch repairer the help and guidance needed.
I mean it'll take me some time because I never really did any repair yet, but to have a book with excellent imagery and tons of guidance to the many different pieces I can fix and learn about, well that is so much more helpful and makes it easy for me as I learn.
Information About The Author:
Mark W. Wiles runs the workshop at Antique & Modern in East Barnet. After passing his Final British Horological Institute (BHI) examination in technical horology, he was granted a three-year apprenticeship by the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers. In 2010 Mark became both a Freeman of the WCC and the BHI's youngest accredited Fellow.

Book Information:
  • ANTIQUES and COLLECTIBLES
  • 192 PAGES, 7.5 X 9.5
  • FORMATS: TRADE PAPER
  • TRADE PAPER, $49.95 (US $49.95) (CA $67.95)
  • PUBLICATION DATE: OCTOBER 2016
  • ISBN 9781785001550
  • RIGHTS: US and CA
  • CROWOOD PRESS 
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
IPGBook- Maintaining and Repairing Mechanical Watches A Practical Guide By Mark W Wiles
and

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers