Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Listening to Type by Alex W. White

It's always a great idea to have some type of inspiration to help you design. Therefore, when I read the book, Listening to Type by Alex W. White I felt a bit at ease and my brain flowing with creative ideas. The book is organized with many illustrated visuals of type and different topics that many books don't cover. Some information on Language of Type, Typographic Unity, Type and Identity and even Readability and Legibility can be found inside. However, these are just a few topics covered and what you might find the book best for is to get your personality out on paper with the type you use. That is how I feel when reading and looking at visuals in this book!

So it's easy to say that this book gave me the right inspiration I need to design my own creative type. It's easier to get an idea what type is by the visuals you see inside. From letters that are large and bold, 3D or just about anything, it can help so much! I guess it can also be considered a book for those interested in the subject of Type. It's very easy to use and mainly a wonderful inspiring guide. I think my favorite is the many illustrated visuals you can see and all sorts that I had no idea about creating. Finally, this is a great book and so packed with examples and inspiration, as I've mentioned quite a lot! ☺

Information About The Author:
Alex W. White is an award-winning design consultant and typographer working in New York City. He is the author of four books, including The Elements of Graphic Design and Advertising Design and Typography, both published by Allworth Press. He serves as president of the Type Directors Club, and has taught at Parsons School of Design, Syracuse University, the Fashion Institute of Technology, Hartford Art School, and City College of New York. He holds degrees in advertising design and graphic design from Syracuse University and Kent State University. He lives in New York City.

Book Information:
  • Paperback: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Allworth Press (September 6, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1621535355
  • ISBN-13: 978-1621535355
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Allworth - Listening to Type Making Language Visible by Alex W. White
and



☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”



Google+ Followers