Tuesday, September 27, 2016

5-Minute Sketching -- People by Pete Scully

Could drawing a person possibly be easy, by chance? Well, in my trials of doing a humans face and body I never could get it correct. I rather do animals due to this reason. However, when I came upon the book 5-Minute Sketching -- People by Pete Scully I felt a little happy and a bit like is this for real!
I just couldn't believe that a book would make it so simple and that I'd be able to draw a person in 5 minutes. I mean that must be like the fastest drawing I ever would have done. So when I finally open the book and read it, I got an idea what it's all about. I noticed how it actually resembles a guidance similar to a teacher, how they would explain what you need to know. It'll teach you how to see the features of a person, who or what person to draw, techniques and tips to get you started and possibly be the key to a perfect drawing of a human being and the tools and materials.
The images and designs remind me of illustrations, which you will be creating of that person in front of you, maybe the biker that just walked in the room or anyone! It's basically a really good guide to drawing any person and all the different, unique features they may have. Plus some ideas that may include the background, the type of profile of the person and how to correctly get the perfect drawing on a piece of paper. Even ways to just make it something fun and interesting than a normal drawing. Finally, it's a really nice book! I am so going to have to try this out and get a chance to create 5-minute sketches of the people I see on a daily basis!
Information About The Author:
Pete Scully has been a correspondent for the global sketching phenomenon Urban Sketchers since 2008. A prolific artist, he gives talks about Urban Sketching across the United States, and his sketches have been featured in multiple books and exhibitions. He lives in California and is the author of four books.

Book Information:
  • Publisher: Firefly Books
  • Author Statement: Pete Scully
  • Audience: Trade
  • Specs: 350 illustrations, full color and black and white, index
  • Pages: 128
  • Trim Size: 6 3/4" X 8 3/4" X 1/2"
  • Language code 1: eng
  • Publication Date: 20161004
  • Copyright Year: 2016
If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Fireflybooks- 5-Minute Sketching -- People: Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings by Pete Scully

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers