Monday, August 1, 2016

Spencerian Handwriting by Platts Roger Spencer

The book, Spencerian Handwriting by Platts Roger Spencer is a great practice book to learn and even relearn Cursive Hand Lettering/Writing. It's filled with examples and beautiful styles to try for yourself. Honestly, I use to never mind so much for cursive handwriting, but now that I'm older and use it often to sign my name on packages, making personal greetings and cards with cursive penmanship, I find it to be classy and very beautiful! I think since I was young I never thought of it more than just hard to do and learn, until now! So to get back into using cursive, I found this book to be such a great guidance to correctly write in cursive and making my penmanship so beautiful and lovely!
From the book, I learned not only who to write words, capitalization, and lower case, but also how to sit and hold the pen. It really is a full tutorial on Handwriting. I really could use this as a reference book when I forget how to or want to create the perfect handwritten letter. Even, for some letters I've forgotten how to connect with in the word, so this really help me understand how to connect the letters correctly. I feel with this book your given great guidance to completely understand handwriting and how to do it as well. Even for beginners, it's something that will help you practice on your own and get you creating words and sentences and even a story if you'd like in cursive writing. There are fancy pens and different types you could use to help it glide while writing on a piece of paper or card. However, I find a nice gel type pen to write in this fancy cursive writing.
Practice pages of different words.
Finally, I'm going to actually take the practice and what I've learned from this book to use with my scrap-booking and even card making for memories I have and want to share. Therefore, it's not only an excellent book with a complete way to understand cursive and do it correctly a great way to make certain things look so lovely, even if it's a simple grocery list!

Information About The Author:
Platts Roger Spencer (1800–1864) was an educator and originator of Spencerian penmanship.

Book Information:
  • Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: Ulysses Press (April 12, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1612435289
  • ISBN-13: 978-1612435282
  • Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 9.2 inches
If your interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers