Tuesday, July 12, 2016

500 Butterflies by Ken Preston-Mafham

The book, 500 Butterflies by Ken Preston-Mafham is packed with so many that you can get an idea by the photos, realistic photos inside to what they look like. Each page is filled with information on a certain butterfly. For a small book, it's got you packed with tons of pages all dedicated to the different types of butterfly and the information from history, design, habitat, food, behavior and so much more!
I really love the realistic visual of each butterfly inside. It's like a close up and captures them in their own habitat or separate from anything else that might have been around it using that day. You get a one on one photo and a box of data for the butterfly, like the scientific name, family it belongs too, wingspan, flight period, larval food plants, and range. Next, you have a paragraph about the butterfly. This is where you will learn about the location and very detailed info about that certain butterfly.
I am in no means a person that loves bugs, but the butterfly is so pretty each being different and evenly designed from left wing to right. I think my main purpose is that I see many butterflies outdoor my home and like birds, which I do watch and always curious to whom or what type it may be, I decide I can get an idea to what butterfly there may be around my yard and which one is the one I just saw. Therefore, this is an excellent book, wonderful photos, and packed with information!
Information About The Author:
Ken Preston-Mafham is a photographer, naturalist, authority on Lepidoptera, and the author of many books on natural history.

Book Information:
  • Publisher: Firefly Books
  • Author Statement: Ken Preston-Mafham
  • Audience: Trade
  • Specs: 514 color photographs, sidebars, glossary, further references, index
  • Pages: 528
  • Trim Size: 6" X 6 1/4" X 1 5/16"
  • Language code 1: eng
  • Publication Date: 20160201
  • Copyright Year: 2016

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Firefly Books- 500 Butterflies: From Around the World by Ken Preston-Mafham

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers