Thursday, May 26, 2016

Oil Painting Essentials by Gregg Kreutz

The book, Oil Painting Essentials by Gregg Kreutz is terrific for a beginner! There is so much covered for those who have no idea how to use oil paint and create wonderful portraits, landscapes, objects and much more! The best part I think is that it doesn't just cover one item throughout the book, but many! So if I'm interested in understanding how to capture the person I see in front of me one day, but the next I want to learn how to do the entire landscape, well this book can help and provide me with all the must-know information before starting and also to create the image or objects realistic look. Plus, many of tips are included to help you focus on what you want to paint.
The first thing that actually captured my eyes is the front cover. I normally get influenced and interested into a book by its cover and title. I've always wanted to learn how to use oil paint, since I've recently bought a few colors, but never understood what the difference was or how to actually use it. Therefore, this book came in real handy with its guidance, and items explained inside. Giving me a full course on capturing the image infront of me in oil paint, without showing up to an actual class!
Finally, this book does indeed cover a lot of information on oil painting, provides beautiful artwork from actual paintings and is easy to follow book!
I would highly recommend for a beginner or anyone interested in understanding how to use oil paints to capture the art infront of you!
Information About The Author:
In my latest book; Oil Painting Essentials, Mastering Portrait, Still Life, Landscape, Figure, and Interior, I try and reduce the complexities of oil painting to core issues that can be found in all genres. My hope is that by encouraging a multi-subject approach, the book will make the rewards of realistic painting accessible to all levels of painters. I was born in Wisconsin, raised in Ohio, graduated from N.Y.U. and have lived in New York for the last forty years. I am a painter, writer, and instructor who teaches painting and drawing at The Art Student's League in New York City and at workshops around the country. My earlier book; Problem Solving for Oil Painters came out in 1985 and has been going strong ever since. I'm also a playwright with three plays published by Samuel French that are performed throughout the country and--occasionally--around the world (thanks New Zealand!). Oil Painting Essentials, my most recent writing endeavor, is the culmination of forty years of probing the issue of what it means to be an oil painter--why it's important, how it can be made more accessible, and what it can teach us about life.

Book Information:
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Watson-Guptill (May 24, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0804185433
ISBN-13: 978-0804185431
Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

Google+ Followers