Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Simply Stitched by Yumiko Higuchi

The book, Simply Stitched by Yumiko Higuchi is so beautiful inside and out! There is plenty of large, real size patterns that are included in this book. The size of the patterns is perfect, making it simple for anyone to copy and use over and over. That is what I think makes this book of embroidery simple for sewers to use. Plus each of them is very fashionable for a modern lifestyle. I do indeed love these decorations and creative ideas for my home, as I like the modern look and I can see so many of these being used on many different fabrics and gifting them for my family members to enjoy. 
Inside are projects for creating embellishments for children clothing, household objects and just many different surfaces in the home. Also, the directions inside this book and patterns make it really easy to follow along, step by step.  Some that I find I love best is the floral decorations, such as the Thistle Motif and the Floral Motif. Plus, the colors that are shared in each image, which you will use just work perfectly together. However, I am easily able to choose my own colors and keep the design the same, which is always fun to do. 

A few other items you can even make bags and decorate them with flowers, which is seen on the front cover and inside. Plus, who wouldn't love a cute Rooster Motif in the kitchen. It's just such great ideas for modern living and gift giving.
However, I love that I could take these ideas and attach them to some already made fabric, making them look even more gorgeous! It's like doing some DIY and upcycling to some fun fashions. Instead of trashing or buying something that is already fully decorative, I can make up my own creative gifts and designs for my home with these sewing projects. It even gives me some wonderful ideas to imagine other things I could sew, with the inspiration I get from this book.
Finally, the patterns are really nice. The only thing that might be difficult is if you're a beginner to sewing embroidery, which may be a bit of a challenge. However, it really is a wonderful book for many that enjoy stitching, needlecraft, and embroidery.
Information About The Author:
After attending at art school and working as a handbag designer, Yumiko Hugichi launched her career as an embroidery artist in 2008. She is the author of multiple embroidery books and is very active on social media.

Book Information:
Paperback: 80 pages
Publisher: Zakka Workshop (March 15, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1940552222
ISBN-13: 978-1940552224
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.5 x 10 inches

If you're interested in learning more, please follow the link below:
Zakka Workshop- Simply Stitched: Beautiful Embroidery Motifs and Projects with Wool and Cotton by Yumiko Higuchi

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers