Saturday, March 12, 2016

Understanding Your Digital Camera Art and Techniques By Tim Savage

The book, Understanding Your Digital Camera by Tim Savage is a terrific in depth guide to using and creating beautiful photos with your digital camera. Plus, the book talks about all types of digital cameras, not one certain brand or design. Some of the information that would be found inside is about the use of light, equipment, lenses, using the viewfinder, exposure with use of  auto and programmed, scene modes, shutter, ISO, camera flash built in, focus, digital file, raw format and so much more! These are actually the different chapters/topics taught inside the book. However, each of these chapter go into detail and cover every benefit of that feature or part mentioned. Plus, throughout the book it's packed with beautiful and realistic photos to guide you with examples, while learning.
What I really enjoy about this book, is that it allows me to practice and understand one part of the camera at a time, then I can move on to another. However, each of these chapters are dedicated to a specific part of the camera. So I'm not lost or confused with the different things that the camera can do by jumping all over to find or understand it. Therefore, each different piece is organized in separate sections of the book. Plus, I really felt that the book filled me in on so much information and not all being based on one specific Digital Camera, but many different types. So no matter if I have a Canon, Nikon or want to get another, this will give me a great look at what any type of digital camera can do and how to use one correctly. Therefore, I could find use of the book's information before I buy a camera and even while owning a camera.
That is part of the reason I found this book helpful. Since, it covers all digital cameras, while most are focused on a few. For example, when the book explains all the different features and symbols on the camera, it explains each type of camera using them and not just one certain camera. So if I wanted to understand the exposure modes, I just go to that chapter/section and it will cover everything about the dial of modes and how some cameras will have a bit of a different symbol, which may or may not stand for the same thing as it does for another. However, it does explain so much information on one topic and doesn't leave the reader confused.
Finally, the entire book felt extremely helpful to me and I find it to be a perfect guide to own! The back is even helpful with the glossary terms, which can help a beginner or anyone who has no idea what certain words mean or refer too. So, I feel that this book not only covered every part of the different types of digital cameras and the accessories that can be bought, but I feel it even helped me determine what type I'll need to purchase or use to get the photos I want. Plus, I'm now well aware of the useful features and understanding the terms for each part!
Information About The Author:
Tim Savage is a photographer, artist, teacher, and writer. He regularly writes and illustrates features for many of the UK photographic magazines.

Book Information:
Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: Crowood Press (May 1, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1847978029
ISBN-13: 978-1847978028
Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 7.4 x 0.5 inches

If you're interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers