Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Fashion Illustration Techniques by Zeshu Takamura

The book, Fashion Illustration Techniques is a great book for me the beginner! I really had an interest, to learn about creating my own clothing and I always wanted to sketch it down on paper and be able to see my ideas before creating. However, I never knew how to start.
Therefore, this book really gave me the information and examples to get me started in Fashion Illustration. I can now create my own ideas and designs for drawn model figures on paper!
The Author, Zeshu Takamura made this book very easy to understand and it helps guide  me to making the perfect drawing of a human body, from head to foot. I can then take that technique and add on my own unique designs. Plus, the beauty of this book is that I don't only use it for clothing add-on to the figures, but to learn to draw faces and body parts for any sketching or illustration other than fashion. The tips and techniques are very helpful and provide me with the much-needed help to add the right look to my drawings.
Now for me, I'm not big on coloring, but the book really helped me to understand how to apply some color and even patterns, designs and prints to different styles and designs. I can now even do multiple facial expressions and angles other than the same image on paper.
My favorite part is that this book is full of easy step by step guidance. Making it simple to understand for a beginner. I think I wouldn't be able to get anywhere farther than using the same image if I haven't had read this book! Now I can finally go beyond the one shaped, angled bodies and create many with different designs and patterns that fit together!
Information about the Author:
Zeshu Takamura is a graduate of the Faculty of Education, Tokyo Gakugei University, and the Department of Dress Design at the Kuwasawa Design School, where he worked as an assistant for fashion illustrator Reiko Saito. Following graduation, Takamura became involved in fashion illustration and design works for publishers, advertising agencies, and apparel makers. He has taught at Bunka Design College, Vantan Visual Institute, and Tokyo Mode Gakuen. Since 2007, he has been a professor at Bunka Women's University. His publications include The Use of Markers in Fashion Illustration, Fashion With Style: Ladies Fashion Items, Roots of Street Style and Fashion Design Techniques, and Fashion Design Drawing: A Super Reference Book for Beginners.

Book Information:

  • Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Rockport Publishers; Reprint edition (April 1, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1592537952
  • ISBN-13: 978-1592537952
  • Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.6 x 11.1 inches
If your interested in purchasing this book, please take a look at the links below:

Google+ Followers