Monday, February 8, 2016

Sketching Domestic and Wild Cats by Frank J. Lohan

The book, Sketching Domestic and Wild Cats by: Frank J. Lohan is a perfect book to drawing some wonderful cats! It's packed with so many different types, from wild to the ones we have in our houses. What I love about this book, is that it's simple to follow along with the drawings. Also a grid of the cat's figure is available for a few to see what the cat will look like. Plus, it's all can be done in pen or pencil, which I find I love to draw in most often and shade instead of color.
What I find that attracted me to this book is that I love Dover books, I love to draw and I love cats! So I knew I had to own it! I am very grateful for the easy to view illustration with step by step guidance to creating these excellent cats. The author did a great job designing the steps
and breaking it down simple enough to follow along.  
Inside, there are many different wild cats like tigers and lions. Plus the different felines we may have in our house, like the Short Haired White Cat, Persian Cat, and even a Siamese, plus more! So It definitely covers all types of cats and each sitting, laying down or positioned in a some way. Also, the details are easy to see. The fur is all different, not the same pattern or color and each are just super adorable!
Finally, I really have to say this book is an excellent sketch book! I am a big fan of sketching an drawing, but what I love is to do cats and I think Frank did an excellent job creating this book!
It's just purrrfect!
Information About The Author:
A Detroit-based industrial electronics engineer, Frank Lohan turned his lifelong interest in sketching and painting into a career in teaching adult classes in art.

Book Information: 
Series: Dover Art Instruction
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Dover Publications (April 18, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 048648842X
ISBN-13: 978-0486488424
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.6 x 10.8 inches

If you're interested to learn more, please follow the link below:
Dover Publications = Sketching Domestic and Wild Cats by Frank J. Lohan

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers