Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Shoetopia: Contemporary Footwear By Sue Huey and Kathryn Kenny

The book, Shoetopia by Sue Huey and Kathryn Kenny is a fashionable shoe style book. I love the different looks and unique styles when it comes to these heels. The book is packed with all different patters, textures, details and styles. Just wonderful for the shoe lover and fashion designers out there! My favorite shoe is really all of them, as they just amaze me and I so wish I could walk in each pair!
It's definitely not those typical shoes that you see in retail stores, but instead this book has the ultimate designer styles, which really give me some wonderful ideas to create my own. The pages are all illustrated with shoes and a bit of information on the creators and the design. I must say for a shoe book this is one of my favorites! The colors and shapes are what catch my eyes and to each clear images, makes it easy to see all the shaping and texture of the exterior.  Also the book is totally packed with great designs  that are easily see by how they show them in the book, makes it easy to copy and sketch them out with additional ideas or new styles and patterns placed on them.
There is some I find very unique and eye catching. such as the sketch on page 22. This is a created shoe by Edmundo Castillo and it's a laser-cut sandal in an iridescent gold mirror effect leather, featuring a curvilinear wedge heel. However,  It is one photo that keeps me my mind wonder how a person may feel walking in those heels. The shoe is on such a large heel and shaped as a ballet would dance. You're almost on your toes. However, the sketch is a great idea of something that you wouldn't buy locally and something I still would want to put on!  
Finally, each shoe is so lovely and this book is great for those in Fashion Design, love shoes and want some new ideas to bring to their career!
Information About The Authors:
Sue Huey is a former Head of Footwear and Accessories at Worth Global Style Network. She previously worked as footwear and accessories designer for a leading international fashion house. She is the author of two books: New Shoes and Bag, both published by Laurence King.

Kathryn Kenny is a graduate of the prestigious footwear college Cordwainers. In her varied career she has worked as a footwear trend consultant for Worth Global Style Network and a shoe designer for Georgina Goodman. She is now Digital Content Manager for high-street fashion retailer New Look.

Book Information:
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Laurence King Publishing (May 6, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1780673450
ISBN-13: 978-1780673455
Product Dimensions: 9 x 1 x 11.5 inches

If you're interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers