Thursday, December 24, 2015

Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus Christopher R. Mitchell Foreword by Brandon Wilson

The book, Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus by Christopher R. Mitchell and Brandon Wilson is great for those who have Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators and want to figure out fun ways to program them! This book has been out for awhile, but it's something that really made me curious about what I could do with my old highschool graphing calculator, that I never thought about before. Each page is full of wonderful details on how to work on both of the calculators, TI-83 and TI-84 for programming. So if you have both or just one, you can find the information needed for them in this book.
When you open this book up, you'll learn about what makes up these calculators and how they works. Plus, a little bit of history and some interesting details about the graphing calculator and when the first one was developed. There is even black and white photos to give you a view of the design and detailed facts about each. I think what really got my attention before even looking into the book was that many have figured out how to play video games on these calculators and I never really thought about trying it, until I did a little research and found my old calculator in the house. Just imagine playing some RPG games or puzzle games on the calculator. It might of even made school a whole lot more fun, to have had games on my calculator.
However, the benefit of this book is that it has everything you need to know and use to program your calculator and even understand how to use it easier! I even noticed, while going through the book it really does act like the computer. You can do that simple practice displaying of "Hello World" or written steps to display on the screen as well. It's totally a great beginners guide or even those who already know about programming and want a shot on the calculator. I think that even for being a few years old, it's still got terrific information and very detailed. The book goes step by step and lets you learn how to program, without difficulty. 
So, with the easy to follow guidance with images of the screen using the steps and written text that help you follow along, it's just a very easy guidance to understand how to program these type of calculators. Therefore, I really like this book, full of everything I need to know and wanted to learn to program my calculator!
Information About The Author:
Christopher Mitchell is a PhD candidate and a recognized leader in the TI-83+/TI-84+ programming community. He hosts discussions and collaboration on calculator programs and projects at his website, Cemetech.

Book Information:
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Manning Publications; 1 edition (September 29, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1617290777
ISBN-13: 978-1617290770
Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches

If you're interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers