Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design, 2nd Edition by Scott Rogers

The book, Level Up! The Guide To Video Game Design by Scott Rogers is a very easy to follow book on the process of developing a great game! Scott Rogers is known to be a leading video game expert as he is best known for the creations of Pac Man World, Maximo(one of my favorites), and SpongeBob Squarepants. Those games are very nicely designed with a good story line and excellent graphics! I really have to say that this was what really interested me to read this book and made me curious to learn more about game developing and design! Plus, the books outer cover makes me interested what it may have inside.
So getting inside the book, I notice that it's basically made very easy to follow along. You get to understand what a game is, some history, types of old game consoles and handhelds and 
than you move on to every step by step or shall I say level of developing your own game. There really is many levels this book covers to help you understand what it takes to create a great video game. Many of these steps would be controls for the character, the language, level designs, enemies, combat and so much more!
I think this book is the only one I found that had a little sense of humor, some great details and an easy to follow step by step to creating one of the best games out there! I think for a beginner in game design, one who is interested in learning about creating games and someone who has interest in understanding what it takes than this book is just perfect for you! I am no professional game creator or coder, but this book is super simple to understand, talks to you like a real person and helps you understand every step and part that needs to be noted on things to do, when building your first or many other games.
I love the simple illustration, the humor and easy to follow guidance as well as how it feels so real than a book that loses my interest in reading! Plus, Scott is a creator himself and known for a few of my favorite games. So I really would highly recommend this book for a simple guidance and help to getting that game started and on the right track!
Information About The Author:
After discovering that game designers have more fun, Scott Rogers embarked on a 20-year-(and counting) career in video games. He has helped design many successful video games including: Pac-Man World, the Maximo series, God of War, Drawn to Life series and Darksiders. Scott is currently an imaginer for Walt Disney Imagineering and lives just outside Los Angeles with his lovely wife, two children and many, many action figures, comic books, video and board games.

Book Information:
Print Length: 553 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1118877160
Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (April 16, 2014)
Publication Date: April 16, 2014
Language: English

If you're interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers