Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Needlepoint Book New, Revised, and Updated Third Edition By Jo Ippolito Christensen

The book, The Needlepoint Book by Jo Ippolito Christensen is really a large book of ideas, creativity and guidance through different stitches! For me, this is a new craft I was interested in getting into. The needlepoint is a simple use of the needle to make decorations, creative designs and so much more! It's something that I hear often many doing and was just curious myself.
The book itself is actually the 3rd edition from the original that was made in 1976. Inside your guided with tips to starting and how to choose which stitch you want to work with and even things like choosing your canvas/project you want to work with, colors, tools and equipment. So basically, for a beginner your getting the guidance how to start and what you'll need before you begin. Afterwards, it'll begin telling you how to prepare your canvas for the item your going to be making and give you the correct and wrong way as well as ideas how to creating your own design.
So through out this book is illustrated photos for each different stitch, which is really nice to see visually than just read about it and also guidance to begin and prepare for your projects. So definitely a beginner or someone who is use to needlepoint, but interested in using different canvases  can get really good guidance from this book! So for me, The funny part is I already knew Plastic Canvas from my Grandma, but had no idea that the main concept came form needlepoint. I always thought it was in it's own category, until I read this book. So actually, this book is not only influencing me to be more creative and use the stitches on more than plastic, but also even on a plastic canvas to try different stitches to create my own decorative designs!
Finally, if your interested in new stitches or just want to learn needlepoint and how to really use it, than this book is a perfect match! Plus, it comes in a nice hardcover, which to me it's like a giant bible for needlepoint and because it is the 3rd edition there are some extra chapters, more information and projects inside for everyone at any stage of learning needlepoint.  ☺♥
Information About The Author:
Jo Ippolito Christensen has been needlepointing for more than thirty years. She is the author of Teach Yourself Needlepoint, Needlepoint: The Third Dimension, The Needlepoint Scraps Book, and others. She lives in Alexandria, Virginia.

If your interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers