Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Food Substitutions Bible: More Than 6,500 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment and Techniques by David Joachim

The book, The Food Substitutions Bible by  David Joachim is so large and full of substitiutions! This book is full of wonderful ideas and choices when you don't have the certain ingredient on hand or maybe need a similar flavor to a recipe instead of something your allergic too or can't digest. For me, I can use this for so many different recipes and find a similar or even better flavor with a new ingredient. The best part is that if I don't know too much of the flavor difference to certain foods or curious to what they would taste like, this book will give me the closest choice to the ingredient I need. Example of the use of beef, which I can replace with another ground meat like turkey or better yet slightly sweeter and still flavorful Bison.
I really wish I had this in the past! It's a book that includes so many choices and replacements for foods I had no idea what to use instead. Also, what I love is that this huge reference book
of substitutions, I can use to try new food! I mean, instead of the same chili, I could add different beans which are similar to the recipe or even a different meat.  It's really a great book for those chefs, cooks and just anyone who wants to be a little more adventurous with food choices and ingredients! 
Finally, for a book that deals with food, this is one of my favorites! I have here a huge reference and a great reason to try new things and know how to substitute what I don't have on hand! Excellent to have and would highly recommend this book!
Information About The Author:
David Joachim has authored, edited, or collaborated on more than 40 cookbooks, including the IACP award-winning The Food Substitutions Bible co-authored with Andrew Schloss.  His previous book, The Science of Good Food, was an IACP award winner, a James Beard award finalist and a World Food Media award finalist for Best Food Book.
An M.A. in English and former writing teacher, David served as food editor at Vegetarian Gourmet magazine for three years. His writing has appeared in numerous magazines, and as an author and spokesperson, David has appeared on national television and radio at various cooking schools and bookstores across the country. He lives in Center Valley, Pennsylvania.

If your interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers