Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Dictionary of Ancient Magic Words and Spells From Abraxas to Zoar By Claude Lecouteux

The book, Dictionary of Ancient Magic Words and Spells by Claude Lecouteux is a huge book of so many magical definitions that have been spoken or written in history! In my opinion, this is such a wonderful Dictionary! It really has everything from the alphabet learning to spell in a different caracteres, to the definitions of all different magical words, like ABRACADABRA, HOCUS POCUS, MAGULA and more! 

I actually was interested in this book due to the history of some words that I always wondered about when mentioned in movies or books! Plus, the caracteres that I always had some curiosity to understand and try to write my own. It's almost like a whole new language, trying to learn something that many don't know or understand. They really look like symbols, rather than any alphabet that we are all know of!
Now the dictionary is full of words and spells that some may have been heard of or seen written in movies, like Harry Potter and even books! I just  really love that I have this dictionary in my home to learn all about where these words came from or what time period and mainly how they were used in spells. There are many, which I really had never heard of and the way many back than used some caracters for certain cures or spells are very interesting. Plus, the book has all of the letters from A-Z or to be accurate Abraxas to Zoar
I am still taking a look into the dictionary of magic words and spells, but really I think this is definitely for anyone who is interested in magic or want to learn more about certain words heard in books or movies to check out! You won't be disappointed and you'll have this huge reference anytime you want to look a certain word or figure out a mystical message in caracters.
Finally, I feel like the history is wonderful, the full definition and detailed from all different uses for words and written caracteres used to carve on objects for certain reasons.
Information About The Author:
Claude Lecouteux is a former professor of medieval literature and civilization at the Sorbonne. He is the author of numerous books on medieval and pagan afterlife beliefs, including The Return of the Dead, The Secret History of Vampires, and Witches, Werewolves, and Fairies. He lives in Paris.

If your interested to learn more, please follow the link below:

☺Thank You♥
Remember you can follow me here for more great reviews and giveaways:

“I received this product free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.”

Google+ Followers